Monday, May 3, 2010
1/4 cup sauerkraut (drained)
2 (8 inch) tortillas
2 handfuls swiss cheese (grated)
1/4 cup corned beef (cooked and shredded, warm)
1/2 tablespoon thousand islands dressing
1. Saute the sauerkraut in a pan until most of the moisture has gone and let it caramelize a bit.
2. Melt a touch of butter in a pan.
3. Place a tortilla into the pan, swirl it around in the butter and repeat with the second tortilla.
4. Sprinkle some cheese on the tortilla followed by the beef, sauerkraut and thousand islands dressing and top with more cheese and finally the other tortilla.
5. Cook until the quesadilla is golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted.